Radio & Social Networks

Friday 20 June 2014

Lupita Nyong'o July Vogue Cover


Let me say it loud BLACK is BEAUTIFUL did I just use two Bs ok now, strike a pose, Lupita Nyong'o landed her first cover of Vogue magazine, stunning on the front of the July issue. Adorable.

The gorgeous cover, which was released on Thursday, June 19, shows the Oscar-winning actress, 31, in a figure-hugging printed Prada dress in shades of purple and red from the designer's Fall 2014 RTW collection. She is accompanied by a cover line reading "Her Incredible Breakout Year," reflecting the skyrocketing success she has seen since her role as Patsey in 12 Years a Slave, which earned her the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.

"I was really nervous about seeing myself in 12 Years a Slave because it had been such a profound experience in all ways," Nyong'o told Vogue about her emotionally raw role in the drama. "I remember it being one of the most joyful times in my life -- and also one of the most sorrowful. I didn't want my experience to be a vain one. But I will say that when I watched it, my heartstrings were pulled so tight for [the main character] Solomon that I couldn't go into the ego trip. I cried -- I mean, I was inconsolable. I wept for an hour after the movie."









The Mexican-born Kenyan actress went on to add of the first time she was snapped by paparazzi, "For a split second I looked behind me to see who they were flashing at -- and it was me! That was, I think, the beginning of the end of my anonymity.

Credit © US Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment